Third month, yeehaa! Your starting to get more comfortable in the blogging world, and have most likely had a few comments from your new readers by now. Here’s what you should be focusing on this month, in addition to quality content of course!
- Submit your blog to directories. Some require your blog to have been running for six months but there are quite a few that will allow you to submit early on. Blog directories are often sorted by tags or categories so have some descriptive tags in mind and determine which area/s you want your blog to be listed in.
- Now that you’ve written quite a few posts you should go through them all and spot opportunities for internal links. This is when you link to a similar article within your site on a different blog post. For example is you have an article on great destinations in Queensland, and another on the cost of traveling in Queensland you could put an internal link in each of them to the other using the link button in your Edit post screen.
- Your visitor numbers should be rising quite a bit now and you may start to notice a few returning visitors.
- Keep commenting and reading other blogs and don’t forget to tweet, stumble and like articles you find interesting. Re-tweeting is quite a popular thing to do on twitter ( but only if you actually like the article/ picture/ post) and so are twitter conversations (for example #TTOT for travel bloggers and travel enthusiasts).
- Start reading more of our SEO section and implementing it into your posts especially if you are creating a blog that you’re hoping to make money off in the future.