Twitter for Bloggers – A Great Marketing Tool
Twitter is an excellent tool for bloggers for networking with other bloggers and readers, and marketing your blog. Twitter helps you further the reach of your blog, and can help you reach and interact with bloggers and other contacts in a non threatening way.
Why you need twitter
- Letting other bloggers know that you’ve included them in an article: Sure you could try sending them and email and hope that they have the time to sort through all the crap in their mail box to find it OR you could send them a tweet. Double bonus – if they reply you get extra promotion as all their follows will see them mention your twitter name.
- Hash tags: You can use hash tags to reach a wider audience by joining in on twitter conversations or a certain topic. This way you can come to the attention of anyone else on twitter who is joining into the conversation or looking for information on the chosen hash tag.
- Alerting your readers to new posts: Every time a new post comes out you can announce it on twitter giving all your readers the link and the push to head back over to your website.
- Digging out archived posts: Can’t get your readers to dig deep through your archives? Put a link to a sunken article on twitter to prompt your readers. You can also pre-schedule your tweets when you first post an article, you can have a tweet coming out on the day it goes live, and another to come out in six months time – more on this later.
- Networking: Are you hoping to become known to one of your favourite bloggers? Next time they post a tweet about something interesting reply to it!
- Asking Questions: Are you having a problem with a product you’re using for blogging? If the company is on twitter and the problem is something simple they may be able to give you a quicker response through twitter. This is especially helpful if you sent them an email a couple of days ago and you still haven’t gotten a reply.
How do you feel about twitter, have you got an tips to share?